Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- January 14-16: AMD annual meeting
- January 19: Great Lakes ADA Center, Advancing
the Full Participation of Persons with Disabilities in All
Areas of Society
- Disability Ministry certifications: Be A
- Bishop's Blog: Celebrate MLK's birthday weekend
- January 16: BIPOC DeafBlind Panel
- HLAA: Over-the-counter Hearing Aid Act
- Living with Hearing Loss: Alerting devices
- Rooted in Rights: Existing
between two worlds
- NCPD: Suicide Awareness and Prevention series
- Missouri AC: Mobility Cart center
- DREDF: Covid-19 support
- Ruderman Foundation: Zoom-ing with a speech impairment
- Christian Century: Autism and the Church
- Knowbility: A
brief history of screen readers
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.