Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf:
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- NAD webinar: Sept. 1, How to caption online videos
- Duke Divinity School Theology, Medicine, and Culture Series: Sept. 4, The Spiritual Lives of Christians with Mental Health Challenges
- Daily Moth: NAD sues White House over interpreters
- National Deaf Center: Communicating with Face Mask
- Esther Choi: Finding a joy in uncertainty
- Time: Closed captioning history
- Lovers Lane UMC: worship
- Living With Hearing Loss: Hospital kit
- Gallaudet: Anthony
Fauci at Professional Development Week
- ABC: Firefighter using ASL
- Christ Deaf UMC: worship
- Feast of the Revs. Thomas Gallaudet (1902) and Henry Winter Syle (1890) is August 27
- RampUp: Doing church differently, include people with disabilities
- Time: Kindess toward disabled people
- The Arc: Prohibiting blanket DNR
- NDI: Race, Ethnicity and Disability: The Financial Impact of Systemic Inequality and Intersectionality
- Time: How disability drives innovation
- The Hill: Racial justice, disability rights, neurodiversity and cross-movement solidarity
- Essence: It's time to listen to Black disabled people
- Tonia Says: Differences
- UCC: Advocacy
Center for disabilities
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.