Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Bishop's Blog: Advent rejoicing
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- Be A Disciple: Disability
- Signing for the Holidays - December 5
Ableism - December 7
People Throughout the Holidays - December 8
- Random Acts of Expression: Advent week 3
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Thanksgiving offering
- Flying Kitty Monster: Doorkins, the Book
- Random Acts of Expression: Thanksgiving
- OhCorrica: Daily ways to fill your Advent with joy
- Random Acts of Expression: Advent week 4 (long calendar)
- Guthrie First UMC worship
- Crip Pastor: No End
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Lost
in Christmas Wonderland
- DHM Committee seeking members
- L. Friedmann: captions
- The Arbiter: Accessibility to all: the importance of ASL
- Living with Hearing Loss: Happy holidays, virtual hearing loss style
- Deaf Link: New club
- Living with Hearing Loss: NPR
on need for captions
- Deaf Link: Deaf
- A day in the life: People, not tools
- B Kinschner, One Mind: Blue
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Plain Language Writing
- UCC MHN: Love One Another
- Western Pennsylvania Advent: Just This
- Anabaptist Disabilities Network: Finding Hope in Hard Times
- Western Pennsylvania Advent: Light
- Microsoft: welcoming and DMC, Ways
to Welcome All
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.