Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Leo Yates guest preacher at Gaither UMC and St Paul’s UMC in MD
- NDI: Black
disability history is black history, too
- Eastern PA: Holding
- Yatosha Deaf Ministries, Tanzania Conference: Deaf school construction
- ECD appoints research consultant
- Deaf Link: Kalmunai
- The application period for DMC grants is now open through March 31.
- Julian Way: What is in a name?
- Tampa Bay Newspapers: Kenya project
- Nursing Clio: Eugenics
- DMC: updated version "Ideas for Becoming Intentionally Disability-Friendly On a Tight Budget"
- February 3: Rebooting Our Mental Health (BWC Conference accessibility conversation)
- February 3: AMD Check-In 3pm EST
- February 6: CRCN Get in the Loop
- February 9: Centre for Autism and Theology: Mothers and children in faith and community
- February 15: RespectAbility+AAIDD: DSP,
accompanying people in their spiritual journeys
- February 22: Disability & Philanthropy, Celebrating disability
- June 26-29: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- through March 1: DHM grant applications open
- through March 31: DMC grant applications open
- through March 1: UMHEF scholarships