Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association
of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee,
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of
the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Great Lakes ADA Center: ASL etiquette
- Currents in Theology and Mission: Speaking the ‘Sigh Language’ of the Body
- Deaf Link: visit to northern province
- Hearing Health Matters: Technology assistance
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Antonio: ASL worship videos
- DHM resources, including ASL videos
- Deaf Link: sale booth in Thirukovil
- Vox: The
hidden history of Hand Talk
- Cal-Pac display
- Great Lakes ADA Center: Audio description
- Currrents in Theology and Mission: Disability and Giftedness
- The Item: Methodist youth visit Huntsville with a mission
- Ministry is Ministry with Chris Wylie: podcast and transcript
- New Mobility: Ableism, Prejudice, or Ignorance?
- SAWS of Virginia: Newsletter
- NBC: What
- June 25: UMViM, Disability Awareness and Engagement in our churches and communities
- June 30: CASC, My
Body is Not a Prayer Request
- July 7: Stone Belt ARC, What is Ableism?
- September 22: D&P Forum, Disability and Economic Justice
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability,
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.