Here are the highlights of postings the last two weeks from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- DeafLink: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- BBC: The
BSL project stretching back 2000 years
- AI Media: Deaf Art Christmas card
- God's Hands: Merry
- Deaf Link: Colombo Deaf community Christmas get together
- Osprey Observer: Do
you hear what I hear?
- God's Hands: Let there
be peace on earth
- Journal of Philosophy of Disability: 2022 issue
- Ableism in the Media recording
- Reeve Foundation for Axios: Assistance beyond ADA is needed
- UMComm: When Christmas is blue
- Angela Van Etten: Disabled caught in homeless crisis
- Plough: Inheriting mental illness
- Bloom: Life is worth living in all sorts of bodies and minds
- Modern Church: Disability and God's Justice
- Cordico: Scars--the legacy of a firefighting career
- SBS: Lego ramp-builder
- The Arc: Medicaid portability
- Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: Faith
UMC, Little Rock, inclusive playground
- January 6: Housing
Options for the Disability Community (BWC Conference
- January 15: ITD Workshop and Discussion Proposals due
- January 17: Indiana Disability Justice, The Voices of Systemic Ableism
- February 3: Rebooting
Our Mental Health (BWC Conference accessibility
- February 2023: The Church’s Ministry with Dementia, Pre-register
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- August 6-11, 2023: UMCD/ELM Red Bird Mission
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.