Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- New England Conference: Bishop
Peggy Johnson to serve Boston area
- Deaf Link: community Consultation event at Vidayanmuripu
- History Extra: Deaf artists of the Renaissance
- Hearing Like Me: First
Black DeafBlind journalist
- Living with Hearing Loss: How to make Thanksgiving hearing loss friendly
- Catholic Spirit: First Deaf priest visits Minneapolis
- Deaf Link: project meeting
- Micosoft: Sign
Language view in Teams
- Deaf Link: Trinco Deaf School end-of-year celebration
- Yatosha Deaf Ministry: Making disciples
- Liam O'Dell: How
to caption social media
- Day in the Life: "are you taking the wheelchair with you?"
- NPR: UMC
in Kansas, too many Black babies are dying
- Community-Led Suicide Prevention
- BNG: When will disability become a personal issue for you?
- SAWS: newsletter
- BNG: Words matter, even when talking about those you wish to empower
- The Voice, fall issue
- Psychology Today: Covid-19 disabled everyone; disabled people know what to do
- Angela Van Etten: Why
are you so short?
- Michigan AC: Be lights of love
- UM Insight: Accommodating people with disabilities should be a priority
- UMNS: God's good creation: rethinking disabilities
- Faithward: Ableism
and Pity from the Pulpit
- December 2: Martin Luther University College, Beyond Saints and Superheroes
- December 3: Rotary Disability Advisers, Ableism
in the Media
- December 15: Touru University, Autism and Religion
- February 2023: The Church’s Ministry with Dementia, Pre-register
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- August 6-11, 2023: UMCD/ELM Red Bird Mission
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.