Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Petition to Gallaudet regarding Philosophy and Religion program
- ADA National Network: Age, hearing loss, and communication rights
- Gallaudet University: The Silent Herald archive
- Kona UMC: Confirmation class
- Deaf Link: "Make a child smile"
- DHM: Assistive Technology--OTC hearing aids
- Yatosha Deaf Ministry banner
- Resource UMC: Hearing Loop article (reprint from DHM Newsletter)
- Yatosha: Sengerema
- FEMA: Earthquake safety for people with disabilities
- SAWS Virginia: Newsletter, Short Run, Long Distance
- L'Arche: JAMA, Health equity
- UMNS: The Opportunity School
- A. M. Van Etten: Dwarfism sensitivity and awareness
- Adweek: Media and disability
- RNS: UU fights ableism
- Essence: Sami
Schalk, Black Activism and Disability Advocacy
- November 4: Centre for Autism and Theology, Autism, Mobile technology, and the church
Disability Conversations, Best practices
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- August 6-11, 2023: UMCD/ELM Red Bird Mission
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.