Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- February 19: Black Power & Disability Rights Movement
- February 25: Pastoral Care of Autistic Adults
- February 25: The Meaning of James Cone and Black Liberation Theology in the 21st Century
- February 25: Faith Talks Lent in the midst of COVID
- February 26: FIN Community for All
- March 1: Disability Day of Mourning
- March 2: University of Arizona Ableism 101 series (4 sessions)
- April 11: Columbia
Theological Seminary, The Church and People with
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Ash
- The Arc: Choosing love or penalties
- Special Needs Living: Pioneer Parents in Indiana and Speedway UMC
- Disabled Christianity: The prophetic presence of persons with disabilities
- The Arc: Self-advocate James Meadours
- Flames: Zooming
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.