Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- February 26: FIN Community for All
- March 1: Disability Day of Mourning
- March 2: University of Arizona Ableism 101 series (4 sessions)
- March 3: World
- April 11: Columbia Theological Seminary, The Church and People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Hope
for the Broken
- Deaf Link: viewing masks
- K. Bouton: Deaf or disabled?
- Deaf Link: Job training
- Hearing Health: Helping kids explain hearing loss
- Zoom: Update on live transcription
- Living with Hearing Loss: Zoom makes captioning free
- Hearing Like Me: A
brief history of Black Deaf people in America
- Day in the Life: Fire hazard
- DMC Technology page: Accessible presentations with Google Slides
- WBBM: Wheelchair coverage and insurance denial
- Virtual Worship Accessibility
- Church Anew: Permission to narrate
- Lighthouse Design Studio: Discussion group for disability topics
- Huff Post: Black, disabled, and beautiful
- Forward: First
blind female rabbi
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.