A BRAND-NEW RESOURCE FOR DISABILITY MINISTRY!
- Written in collaboration with the Disability Ministries Committee.
- All new content.
- Acknowledges the reality of the different challenges and needs that disability ministry faces compared to other ministry areas.
- Includes a new working definition of “vulnerable adults.”
- Discusses protective factors in communications, environmental safety, support systems, caregiving, emergencies, and transportation.
- Offers tips for staff and volunteer training.
- The Appendix provides five case scenarios for dialogue and training.
Safer Sanctuaries: Nurturing Trust in Faith Communities (Discipleship Resources, 2023) is available through Upper Room Books in hard copy or e-book formats: /
Order your copy now and let your church know of the need to widen its Safe Sanctuaries TM policies and training to include disability-related procedures!
Send your feedback and ideas for training and resources to .
|A partner ministry of the General Commission on Religion and Race|
this announcement can be downloaded at our website: