are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of
Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf
and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the
Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.-
- Holocaust Remembrance Day: Usefulness is not the measure of human worth
- Purdue University EASI
- AI Media: ASL
- Interpreted Acts 2 perspectives
- Deaf Link: Development for aging
- Careers: UMCD member at work
- WJBK: Black
Deaf teen's ASL book
- Day in the Life: Ableism
- Ch Loe: Adapting
- NY Conference: Rolling Nation
- Faith & Leadership: What if we are all burned out?
- DMC: Sensory accommodation library in Ohio
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Prayer for pets and service animals
- South Carolina Conference: Church makes space for mental healing with healthy minds team
- Alban Institute: Churches and mental health
- Inclusive Church: Online
- Wespath: Mental Health First Aid
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- through March 31, 2022: Disability Ministries grant cycle open
- February 1: Parent
Advocacy and Attitudes Towards Cerebral Palsy in the
- February 1-26: ACDL African American Conference on Disabilities
- February 15: Great Lakes ADA Center, Intersection
of Race and Disability
- June 6-9, 2022: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.