Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Uniting World: about Deaf Link
- Day in the life: Captioning
- Deaf Link: teacher's seminar
- Grace UMC: Farewell service for Rev. Estevez
- Smart Hearing: Zoom fatigue
- Daily Moth: Deaf Indianapolis FedEx employees describe shooting
- DOOR: The Bible in Ghanaian Sign Language
- Psyche: Let's
use bold, beautiful hearing aids to celebrate Deafness
- University of Aberdeen: Pastoral care of autistic adults
- CRCNA Network: Breaking Barriers, Spring 2021
- Kathie comments: I don't think of you as blind
- Forward: Jewish filmmaker with autism
- CRCNA Network: Becoming a trauma-informed church
- Today: Why I will no longer use the term "special needs"
- Psychology Today: The
Psychology of Ableism and Communication
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- May 1: Making
your theology accessible
- May 3: Grace
UMC Deaf speaker Martise Colston
- May 4, 11, 18, 25: NAMI, It
Starts With Us: Building Dynamic Congregational Mental
- May 5: NCDJ: Book reading with K. Schneider
- May 6: NAMI/Harvard: Adolescent
Mental Health in the time of Covid-19
- May 17-20: Centre for Public Justice (Canada): Seeking
- DMC Grants, applications open until May 31
- Wesley Seminary is offering the summer course, "Introduction to Disability Ministries and Deaf Ministries" (CM-629-VT). This 2-week virtual course is 5/24-6/4/21. While exploring these justice-related ministries to consider for your ministry setting, graduate credits or CEUs may be earned. The course can be audited as well. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at email@example.com for more information.
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.