Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association
of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee,
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of
the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Bishop Peggy Johnson at St. Andrews UMC, Florida: watch the video
- Mental Health.gov: mental
health and violence
- The Depression Project: Book
- Kona UMC "Signs of Fun" summer camp
- St. Andrew UMC, FL: Bishop Peggy Johnson
- DHM Congregational Resources updated
- Hearing Health Matters: Person-centered care requires links to the hearing loss community
- The Pilot: Pinehurst
UMC hearing loop
- The Voice, May 2022
- ADN: The Me You Don't See
- Time: I’m Still Wearing My N95 Mask Because I Care About Society’s Most Vulnerable
- Screen Rant: Mental Illness Portrayals
- Christian Citizen: It's ok to not be ok
- UM Com: Silent
no more: pastor shares mental health struggles
- May 31: Lessons on the impact of trauma
- June 6-9: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
- June 13-17: Emergency Management Interpreter Training
- June 16: ADN, Dementia and Congregational Care
- June 23: PRC, How
Churches Can Help Alleviate Mental Health Stigmas and
Support Those in Need
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.