Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Esther Choi: You are special God's child
- Apple: software updates include on demand ASL
- DHM: Newsletter, Pentecost 2021
- Hearing Health Matters: What kind of person with hearing loss are you?
- Esther Choi: Unnamed woman
- Deaf Link: Uniting World
- Global Accessibility News: South
Africa making sign language official
- AccessibleInfluence: Be inspired
- Included by grace: Let the little children come
- Kathie Comments: Is your favorite nonprofit "access able"?
- Do Justice: Mental health month
- Gillian Marchenko: Hope includes lament
- St. James UMC: JOYS choir at Pentecost
- East Ohio Conference: Ministering through trauma
- Disabled Christianity: Sow what?
- Chicago Catholic: Going
beyond inclusion to belonging
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- DMC Grants, applications open until May 31
- June 3: ADA and Assembly Areas
- June 9: Disability Ministry Certificate open day at
United Theological Seminary
- July 10: Disability and Youth
- June 10-12: MHA Annual Conference
- June 17: Providing
mutual support when people experience mental illness
- July 17: Emmanuel UMC - Bethel AME Sign Language Academy
- November 5-7, Deaf
Lay Servant training, Lovers Lane UMC