Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- Oct 31, 6 p.m., Boston U School of Theology Cross-disability
service of lament and hope
- Poplarville First UMC: Pastor Pridmore Ponderings
- Random Acts of Expression: A bead and a prayer--sadness
- Julian Way: Tell me what life is about
- Random Acts of Expression: All Saints prayers
- Flying Kitty Monster: Doorkins
Magnificat: Maybe I am welcome too
- AI Media: The business case for closed captions
- Disability Rights Advocates: California case to proceed
- Cleveland Clinic: How to communicate clearly wearing a mask
- Sentinel-Record: (Arkansas) Habitat build and ASL
- The Lily: Black Deaf women missing from "Deaf U"
- Fast Company: Zoom call while Deaf
- Bishop's Blog: Do
- The Voice, Fall 2020
- L'Arche: Friendship
- Presbyterian Disability Concerns: My Daddy Takes His Legs Off (book)
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Words Matter - exploring the meaning of ableism
- UMC: Helping our kids through stressful times
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Plain language writing and DMC: Etiquette and Communication
- NYDIS: Disasters and Religions app
- The Miracle Project: Of One Breath
- Simon's Cat: Ways to look after your mental health
- Barbara Meyers, Held: Showing Up for Each Other's Mental Health
- B. Hunter: Struggles
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.