are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of
Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf
and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the
Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- accessAbility CIL: The RiRi Show
- Black Deaf History: Dr. Shirley Allen
- Hearing Health Matters: Rethinking hearing aid design
- Attendable: How to make video calls accessible
- Living with Hearing Loss: Interesting reading
- Pacific ADA Center: Alert
systems for Deaf & HOH
- U. of Buffalo: Book explores intersection of slavery and disability
- Hamilton County Reporter: Noblesville First UMC respite night
- Jewish Boston: Shaping attitudes through the language of disability
- Disability and Faith: Every body belongs
- Blogfather: Disability allies in the Bible
- L'Arche: Hope Signs
- Creaky Joints: How Creativity Helps Me Navigate the World with Disability
- Not Dead Yet: Assisted suicide
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Ableism
- February 26: Deafinitely not different 5K and fun run
- March 2: Universal
- March 10: CAT Autism and Worship
- March 10: Getting
Started: What Do I Need to Know to Build Belonging and
Inclusion in Our Congregation?
- March 12: Bob Walker Memorial Service
- March 24: From
Demon Possessed to Being Blessed: A Brief History of Mental
Illness and the Church
- through March 31, 2022: Disability Ministries grant cycle open
- June 6-9, 2022: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.