Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
Giving Tuesday, November 28
- S. Lund: Pray,
- KAKE: Maine shows vulnerability of Deaf
- Hearing Health Matters: Have you had an accessibility snafu?
- T. Hudspeth: Three Table Stories
- Daily Mirror: Deaf Link at Aging Conference
- Tanzania Conference: Viwege
- Millions Missing Voice: Mobility Aids are freedom
- Ohio Disability and Ministry: Northridge UMC accessible chancel
- Neurobeautiful: What I Mean When I Say I'm Autistic
- WISH: Ramp at post office (read judge's comment)
- Sara Martin: Authenticity and disability
- Indiana Disability Justice: The importance of transportation
- KHQ: Spokane
UMC inclusive space
- November 21: Crisis Care Ministries, Trauma in Indigenous Populations
- November 28: Crisis Care Ministries, Historic Trauma in the African-American Community
- November 28: Amputee
- December 3: Proposals due, April 8-9, 2024: Ohio State
Perspectives on Inclusion and Disability
- December 7: CACC, The Spiritual Experiences and Expressions of Non-or Minimally Speaking Autistic People
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
No newsletter on
Thanksgiving week. The next issue will be December 1.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.