Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association
of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee,
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of
the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Trying again! New UMCD page
- Sunny Ahn: Apostles' Creed in ASL
- HLAA: Know your rights
- Living with Hearing Loss: We hear you
- The Verge: TikTok captions
- Deaf Missions: Tanzania
- New York Times: Sign
language and digital technology
- Stone Belt: kittens and mental health
- UCC Mental Health Network: Rest
and wellness for all
- Institute on Theology and Disability: Disability pride stole
- Kathie Comments: Are we there yet?
- Yet Alive: Facing the limitations of our bodies
- Disability & Philanthropy: A letter to the ADA
- UM News: Mobility tricycles in Nigeria
- RespectAbility: Do Justice, Love Kindness, and Look Out the Window
- Faith & Leadership: Churches pivotal role in mental health support
- Studia Liturgica: Liturgical
theology through the lens of autism
- August 1-September 30, DMC grant applications open
- August 10: Pathways to Promise, Creating a Culture of Well-being Through Collective Care, Self-care and Companionship
11-12, CRC Disability: Let’s
End Ableism at Church
- September 13: The Arc, Disabled BIPOC: Disrupting Danger in Crisis Response
16: RFP, The
Role of religious communities in suicide prevention
- September 22: D&P Forum, Disability and Economic Justice
- September 24: Delaware
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability,
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.