Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- UMCD worship celebration
for International Week of the Deaf
- FDA: OTC hearing aids rule
- Deaf Link: Look back, remember, smile
- ELDA: Fall newsletter
- UMCD history 1
- Deaf Ministry of Lovers Lane UMC: Psalm 93
- GMA: Deaf
family of four shares ASL
- New Mobility: My complicated relationship with my body
- UCC MHN: Fall Blues
- Iterate: 3D printing for disability community
- Shelbyville News: SAWS at work
- Equal Entry: Accessible tactile drawings
- CRCNA: Prayer of ableism confession
- Accessible Journeys, Fall
Sanctuaries: Nurturing Trust within Faith Communities
- October 7: BWC Disability Conversations, Disability employment
8: Sawitski Memorial Lecture, Mental
Health Challenges and Our Journeys of Faith
Holey, Holy: Inclusive Church (UK) disability and
- October 15: Deaf Ministries: An Overview to Get You Started
Deaf Lay Servant: Pastoral Care Best Practices
Disability Conversations, Best practices
- December 2: BWC Disability Conversations,
- January 6, 2023: BWC Disability Conversations,
- February 3, 2023: BWC Disability Conversations,
- March 3, 2023: BWC Disability Conversations,
- April 7, 2023: BWC Disability Conversations,
- May 5, 2023: BWC Disability Conversations,
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- August 6-11, 2023: UMCD/ELM Red Bird Mission
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.