Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- NAD: Bloch Scholarship
- NAD: Black Deaf spaces
- M. Thal: Deaf Black Americans
- Christ Deaf UMC: Ash Wednesday service
- North Texas Conference: Bishop
- J-stor: Media
portrayals of ADA
- Metropolis: Architecture of Disability
- The Arc - James Meadours: There is always hope
- United Spinal: Inaccessible stage in Denver
- Afro: Children with disabilities deserve affordable, quality healthcare
- Julian Way: ID
at the door
- February 24: Spiritual Loop Project (video games, pastoral care, and people with disabilities)
- February 28: HLAA, Hybrid
- March 2: ADA Centers, Accessible Parking and Passenger Loading Zones
- March 9: Disability & Philanthropy Forum, Disability
- March 15: AAIDD, Supporting
Individual Preferences to Find Their Faith Community
- Mar 23: Stone Belt Arc, Disability Culture
- April 19: AAIDD, Building
Relationships and Collaborating with Faith Communities
- May 17: AAIDD, Community
Connectedness and Technology
- June 16: Arizona Center for Disability Law, African
American Conference on Disabilities
- June 26-29: Institute on Theology & Disability, Waco TX
- September 23: Delaware
- through March 1: DHM grant applications open
- through March 31: DMC grant applications open
- through March 1: UMHEF scholarships
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.