Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- LF Legal: VR Captioning lawsuit
- Living With Hearing Loss: Hospital stay
- L. Ferris: AT doesn't excuse acccommodations
DHM congregational resources:-Tips for Communicating with People who are Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened-Tips for working with a Sign Language Interpreter-Guidance for Implementing a Deaf Ministry-Guidance for Hospitality and a Deaf-Friendly Worship
- Add hearing loops to Google Maps: https://forms.gle/1w8j2gnNu7mTUkuJA
- Hearing Health Matters: Do
hearing aids need a makeover?
- K. Schneider: The man born blind (captioned video)
- SAWS: spring newsletter
- LA Times: Covid-19 threat hasn't gone away
- Focus: Cedar Hill UMC
- UMNS: Chicago church strives to improve accessibility
- Greater Northwest Area: Churches improve inclusivity with accessibility
- May 5: Great Lakes ADA Center, An introduction to website accessibility
- May 12: Stone Belt ARC, Welcoming
people with disabilities across the lifespan
- June 6-9: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
- June 13-17: Emergency
Management Interpreter Training
- June 23: PRC, How
Churches Can Help Alleviate Mental Health Stigmas and
Support Those in Need
- Covid-19 list
of inclusion resources
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.