Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- September 30, Covid
and the Disability Community
- October 12, Be A Disciple: IFDC
1240, Ministry with people with disabilities
- UMW: Donna Fado Ivery's book on reading list
- Chapel of the Valley UMC: disabilities discussion sermon
- Hamilton UMC: "Green Book"
- Pitts Chapel UMC: closing prayer at community ceremony
- Flying Kitty Monster: Holy
- ECAC: Deaf Awareness Month
- DEAF Inc: Training video for police officers
- Emmanuel UMC worship
- Delaware Hands and Voices: Deaf ID cards
- KOTV: Tulsa signer
- Bishop's Blog: Ground-breaker
- Deaf Link
- Grace UMC: Deaf
defensive driving course
- Mourning loss of James McIntire
- Teen Vogue: Black girls with disabilities disproportionately criminalized
- DREDF: Ruth Bader Ginsburg and disabilities
- San Diego Union-Tribune: People with disabilities should lead discussions
- Faith & Leadershp: Life is holy, not disposable
- The Mighty: Little
- Addiction: How congregations can respond
- Fred Rogers, The best we can
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.