- Bishop's Blog: Celebrating
a silver anniversary
- AMD Monthly Gathering, Jun 25, 2021 03:00 PM Eastern Time
- DHM grant cycle open in July
- ADN: Connections, Summer 2021: Hearing loss and Deafness
- Hearing Health: Research on noise and hearing loss
- WXXI: Rochester's Black Deaf community and barriers to health care
- Deaf Link: Video
- Day in the life: Things aren't always what they seem
- Disability and Faith: Respecting Neurodiversity
- Dave Barnhart: Renouncing anti-sleep prejudice
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Fighting ableism is about much more than attitudes and awareness
- USA Today: I am not ashamed
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- June 28: NIHCM, Achieving health equity for people with disabilities
- June 30:
Intersectionality: beliefs and disability
- June 30 (registration closes): Hands
Up! ASL class, Kona UMC
- July 6: The ADA and effective communication
- July 10: Disability and Youth
- July 17: Emmanuel UMC - Bethel AME Sign Language Academy
- August 31 (closing date): Baltimore Washington Conference, Coordinator of Accessibility and Inclusivity Program
- November 5-7, Deaf Lay Servant training, Lovers Lane UMC
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.