Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- March 26-27: Abilities Expo online
- April 11: Columbia Theological Seminary, The Church and People with Intellectual Disabilities
- April 12-May 3: Theology of John Wesley online course
- April 16: Austin Presbyterian Seminary, Online Worship: Is it accessible for all?
- April 17: AMD+MFSA, conversation
with Kathy Black
- April 20: NCPD, Thomas Aquinas and the Question of Disability
- Wesley Seminary is offering the summer course, "Introduction to Disability Ministries and Deaf Ministries" (CM-629-VT). This 2-week virtual course is 5/24-6/4/21. While exploring these justice-related ministries to consider for your ministry setting, graduate credits or CEUs may be earned. The course can be audited as well. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at email@example.com for more information.
Bishop's Blog: El alma de Puerto Rico
- The Verge: Chrome now captions web pages
- NBC: Team behind "Feeling Through" discusses film
- Feeling Through: Video with discussion
- DOOR: ASL CBT project
- Washington Post: Social
media Deaf accessibility
- Ms. AllyM's: A word of prayer
- UM Men: Mobility cart
- DMC comments and Psychology Today: What if some mental disorders aren't actually disorders?
- Ellen Stumbo: Disability culture and identity part 2
- Kathie Comments: One year later still hoping and coping
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Women
and the Bible
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.