Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- February 2: Black Lives with IDD and Their Faith Communities
- February 2: Impact of Covid-19 on IDD
- February 26: FIN Community for All
- Random Acts of Expression: Third Sunday after Epiphany
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: I got a typewriter!
- Oh Corrica: Reading List
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Tried
- Deaf Link: Wattala anniversary
- Welcoming Kona UMC's Deaf ministry
- Deaf Spot Light: BIPOC Deaf Artist Program
- AP: White Housing adding sign language interperters
- Hearing Health Matters: Prayer for Tinnitus Stress
- ALDA: Captions
- Deaf Link: activity
- VOA: Deaf
Painter and Covid-19
- UMC: Transforming what you see
- Presbyterians for Disability Concerns: Is your digital ministry leaving out people with disabilities?
- The Voice, Mental Health Edition
- Arkansas Conference: Cheerleading Vaccines is the Wesleyan Way
- Sarah Griffith Lund: PTSD and the Covid Vaccine
- Council on Quality and Leadership: Natural Support Networks
- UM News: Wheelchairs in Liberia
- Christian Century: Beloved
Everybody, an ability-inclusive church
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.