Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
Terp Theatre: Accommodations
Giving Tuesday is 30 November: DHM and DMC
- Disability Visibility Project: Why we need to stop making movies about Helen Keller
- Unpacking Disabiity: Gifts for the Deaf person in your life
- WEF: How to improve online Deaf learning
- DeafLink: celebrating 4 years
- DeafLink: Caring means sharing
- AP: Texting
for 988 suicide line
- MiC: What to say to a depressed friend
- CRCNA: Breaking Barriers, Fall 2021
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields: (Still) Calling from the Edge report
- St. John's Halesowen: Blind Bartimeus
- SSIR: There is no justice that neglects disability
- LA Times: Wheelchair users face hefty costs
- Rethink Church: Faith and mental health
- Baptist UK: How
should we read the Gospel healing narratives?
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- November 20, Church
- November 24, Research & Knowledge Exchange, Intellectual
Disability in England, 1750-1900
- December 1, Grace UMC DE Deaf Ministry lunch
- December 2, Deaf Advent Bible Study
- December 5, Signing for
- December 9, Deaf Advent Bible Study
- December 13-15, University of Aberdeen, Autism
Theology and the Church conference
- December 16, Deaf Advent
- June 6-9, 2022: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the United Methodist Church's disability organizations--but not next week. See you on 3 December.
This newsletter is published on the UM Disability Blog.
Visit a directory of our members.