Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- Sept 12 - HLAA webinar, Connecting and Adapting During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sept 12 - Through the Roof, Church disability inclusion
- Sept 20-26 - Deaf Awareness Week
- Random Acts of Expression: Night Psalms
- UCC MHN: Suicide prevention-saving pastors' lives
- Flying Kitty Monster: Searching for the scriptures
- Justin Hancock: He was no criminal (auto caption video)
- Members check-in on Zoom, 3:00 p.m. Eastern
- Worship services
- Disability Pride Philadelphia: International Deaf Awareness Month
- KQED: Why Deaf students need access to ASL
- Deaf Missions: ASL Bible
- Esther Choi: Come to God and he will give you rest
- The Conversation: Why sign language is vital for all Deaf babies
- SignVote Resources
- Living With Hearing Loss: Outdated portrayals and stigma
- Texas Standard: Diversity among Deaf interpreters
- Next Web: Automatic captions coming to Twitter
- In memoriam, Renee
- Be A Disciple: IFDC1240, Ministry with people with disabilities
- New Yorker: When
the world isn't designed for our bodies
- NCPD: What does a dementia-friendly parish look like?
- EA-UK: Online church, a lifeline for Christians with disabilities
- Illinois Great Rivers Conference: Disability Awareness Sunday
- The Inaccessibility Cycle
- Seeds: Disabilities and Food Insecurity
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.