Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- January 14-16: AMD annual meeting
- January 19: Great Lakes ADA Center, Advancing
the Full Participation of Persons with Disabilities in All
Areas of Society
- Disability Ministry certifications: Be A
- Random Acts of Expression: What man could not do
- OhCorrica: A personal covenant for the new year
- Pierre Tardif: video (with AMD member)
- OhCorrica: Carrying into the new year
- Random Acts of Expression: Through 12th day of Christmas
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Out of the bower
- Kintsugi Pastor: In memory
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: A Prayer for Peace
- ELDA: Newsletter
- Thrive Together: How the Grinch Stole Christmas - ASL
- ALDA: Zoom captions
- A Day in the Life: Deaf etiquette
- Law Street: Zoom lawsuit over captioning
- Hearing Health Matters: Hearing aids and disparities in America
- Nature: Wear your mask, but think...
- UMHEF: Deaf scholarships
- January 16: BIPOC
- University of Chicago Divinity School: Pandemic, disability, and worship
- Not Dead Yet: We told these truths to be self-evident (but we don't)
- Neurodivergent Rebel: Inclusion
- ADN: Creating space for love
- Aeon: Am I disabled?
- ADN: Disability and health care rationing
- Ellen Stumbo: Is special needs the new r-word?
- Harvard Business Review: Casual ableism
- DREDF: Remembering Dick Thornburgh
- Andrew Pulrang for Forbes: Being a non-disabled ally
- 3 Play Media: Accessible Video
- Wellcome Collection: Guide
dogs in history
- Looking forward with hope
- A candle for those who aren't with us
- Light in this world
- 92nd Street Y: New year prayer in song
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.