Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- April 11: Columbia Theological Seminary, The Church and People with Intellectual Disabilities
- April 12-May 3: Theology of John Wesley online course
- April 16: Austin Presbyterian Seminary, Online Worship: Is it accessible for all?
- April 17: AMD+MFSA, conversation
with Kathy Black
- April 18: Autism
Faith Network, Disability and the Church with Lamar Hardwick
- April 20: NCPD, Thomas Aquinas and the Question of Disability
- April 22: Stone Belt Arc: Creative
strategies for inclusive digital worship
- Wesley Seminary is offering the summer course, "Introduction
to Disability Ministries and Deaf Ministries" (CM-629-VT).
This 2-week virtual course is 5/24-6/4/21. While exploring
these justice-related ministries to consider for your ministry
setting, graduate credits or CEUs may be earned. The course
can be audited as well. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org for more
some links on the DMC website are not functioning as we send this
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Circle of Friends
- Day in the Life: Poverty and disability
- DMC Grants, applications open until May 31
- Sharon McCart: I once lived in a cemetery
- AU: Autism Acceptance Month
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Failure
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.