Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
Resource Available for Disability Awareness Sunday
- A friend of DMC and DHM has retired, and wishes to disperse a collection of books, vestments, etc. Go to theBOOKCellar for information.
- Deaf Link: self-employment workshop
- Eureka Alert: Service dogs improve the lives of those with hearing loss
- Deaf Link: Anuratharapura & Newraliya
- Smart Hearing: Has
the pandemic affected your hearing?
- Radical Wholeness: Fixing vs healing
- Vatican News: I am Church campaign (captioned video)
- Alfie the wheelchair-user elf
- Virginia Theological Seminary: Neurodiversity in the classroom
- Harvard Business Review: Four common ways companies [we add: and churches] alienate people with disabilities
- Walking Spirit: The
international day of persons with disabilities
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- December 13, ECD, Ministry with those with hearing loss
- December 13, NCAPPS, Build Back Better: Striving for a Post-Pandemic World that is Person-Centered and Inclusive for All
- December 13-15, University of Aberdeen, Autism Theology and the Church conference
- December 15, NFB, Guide
to Accessible Devices
- December 16, Deaf Advent
- June 6-9, 2022: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.