are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of
Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Deaf
and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the
Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- DMC Easter-Pentecost newsletter
- AP Stylebook: Deaf, deaf, hard of hearing
- The Verge: Twitter testing captions for videos
- CBS: Is Hollywood ready?
- CNN: Hearing aid Barbie
- Hearing Health Matters: Bose
- MLive: Churches team up for accessible, affordable housing
- Rethink Church: Scriptural reflections for mental wellness
- United Church of Canada: Jesus heals through relationships
- Presbyterians for Disability Concerns: Home worship aids
- World Disability Matters: The challenges of disability advocacy
- Disability Horizons: What is universal design?
- Christian Citizen: Mental Health issue
- CAFE: Disability
in U.S. history
- May 18: Stone Belt ARC, Boundaries and Belonging
- May 19: Centre for Autism and Theology: Autism
and Church Life
- June 6-9: Institute on Theology and Disability, MTSO and hybrid
- June 13-17: Emergency Management Interpreter Training
- June 16: ADN, Dementia
and Congregational Care
- June 23: PRC, How
Churches Can Help Alleviate Mental Health Stigmas and
Support Those in Need
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.