Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association
of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee,
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of
the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and
discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Great Lakes ADA Center: captions
- PBS: Deaf cast challenges theatre norms in 'The Music Man'
- T-SIGN update of hearing loop standard
- Sesame Street ASL
- Deaf Camp Signs and Wonders
- ECD: ASL
at General Convention
- Accessible Journeys magazine
- IU Institute on Disability: Happy birthday, Thomas!
- CA Health Report: Disability and domestic violence
- SAWS thank you
- Kathie Comments: Read all about it
- Smithsonian: How making art helps improve mental health
- Currents in Theology and Mission 49: The
Changing Landscape of Disability
and Ministry in the Church
- Radical Wholeness: Disability, Inclusion and Church
- Sojourners: Ableism
is still a core part of church spaces
- July 19, Great Lakes ADA Center, ADA Anniversary Update
16: RFP, The
Role of religious communities in suicide prevention
- September 22: D&P Forum, Disability and Economic Justice
- June 26-29, 2023: Institute on Theology & Disability,
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
Click here for a list of recurring events of interest to people in disability ministry.