Hoping that your triskaidekaphobia is under control today, here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Zoom gathering will be Nov. 20
- Random Acts of Expression: Seven-week Advent
- Random Acts of Expression: Advent 1, Wisdom
- Justin: Making friends with our vulnerability
- Random Acts of Expression: Armistice Day of Remembrance
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Blue
- DHM: November newsletter
- Hearing Like Me: Listening Fatigue
- Christ Deaf UMC: Nov. 8 worship
- Deaf Bible Society: ASL Bible
- Deaf History - Kristallnacht commemoration days: A Jewish DeafBlind Survivor Shares Her Story
- Nov 14, HLAA virtual meeting, Surviving
- DMC: Giving Tuesday 2020 bulletin
insert and large
- RespectAbility: Study shows lack of people with disabilities on staff
- Ruderman Foundation: Autistic accessibility for on-line meetings
- Microsoft: disability is a strength. Wesleyan theology draws on Biblical passages with an emphasis on equality
- L'Arche: Hope
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.