Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list
of inclusion resources
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Feast of All Saints
- Oh Corrica: Prayers for November
- Random Acts of Expression: Prayers for election day
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Presentation to Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
- Guthrie First UMC: Worship service
- Random Acts of Expression: In
times of awaiting
- Nov 17: NDC, Does auto captioning accommodate?
- Deaf Link: At home
- Lovers Lane: Deaf Worship, Nov. 1
- Mashable: Zoom captions
- Physics World: The disability is there, but I belong
- Estero: blessings on Deaf community
- AI Media: Deaf
artist and ASL
- Nov. 10: Banquet Network, How to become a disability advocate
- Seven Days: Pandemic has opened life to Vermonters with disabilities
- The Mighty: Small changes to help anxiety
- WCC: From lamentation to transformation: Persons with disabilities and Covid-19
- YouTube: Animated explanation of autism
- Microsoft: Accept
each person as a human first
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.