Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- February 9: Advancing Social Justice, Health Equity, and Community
- February 19: Black
Power & Disability Rights Movement
- February 26: FIN Community for All
- First UMC: Pastor Pridmore Ponderings
- Random Acts of Expression: Fourth Sunday after Epiphany
- Journal of Philosophy of Disability
- Random Acts of Expression: Prayer in time of aloneness
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Prayer of Confession for Ash Wednesday
- Random Acts of Expression: Prayer when exhausted
- Neighboring Movement: The space always wins
- YouTube: Bible Study Genesis 1
- Pastoral Missioner to the Deaf: Deafness and mission
- UMHEF: Deaf scholarships
- Deaf Link: Masks
- DOOR: Deaf Facts
- GBGM: Kathleen Griffith
- Detroit Free Press: Ford-designed clear mask
- New York Times: Black,
Deaf, and Extremely Online
- Knowbility: AAC resources
- Creative Adventures Through the Bible: Prayer for Mental Heath Sunday
- Crip Camp: Black Disabled History Month
- Nursing CLIO: Stuttering and disability discrimination
- Brandeis University: Parents with disabilities
- Political Theology: Crip Time, Sacred Time, and Holding History
- Aberdeen University: Centre
for the Study of Autism and Christian Community
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.