Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- February 14: Bishop Peggy Johnson to preach at Kona UMC
- February 19: Black Power & Disability Rights Movement
- February 25: Pastoral Care of Autistic Adults
- February 25: The Power of Spirituality in Inclusive Supports
- February 26: FIN Community for All
- March 1: Disability Day of Mourning
- HLAA: A GIF for all
- Forward: Deaf rabbi finds a place
- Forbes: Deaf Culture, Deaf Creatives
- Hearing Health Matters: Teaching Everyone about Better Communication
- Deaf Link: How much do you care?
- YouTube: Kamala Harris Sign Name
- NY Pastoral Mission: Honoring Dr. Glenn Anderson
- Madison Times: Signs
- Geek Club Books: Why are black disabled people forgotten?
- Ellen Stumbo: Disability Ministry?
- Cory Lee: Economics of disability
- Upper New York Conference: Lincoln UMC's Health Equity Ministry
- Vilissa Thompson: Overlooked History of Black disabled people
- Art of Autism: Cultural
Bias and Disability
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.