Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- Bishop's Blog: Don't forget to V.O.T.E.
- Tom Hudspeth: social
media and Mark 8.36
- AAIDD webinar series, Black
Lives with IDD and their Faith Communites
- Poplarville First UMC: Pastor Pridmore's Ponderings
- Pearisburg First UMC: The Robot Vacuum
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Secret Diary of a Landlord
- Random Acts of Expression: A bead and a prayer--disability
- Flying Kitty Monster: About
- Hearing Health & Technology: Faceshields and masks muffle speech
- Magothy Church: Luke
- Trinity UMC: October 18 worship
- Living with hearing loss: Hearing loss in the workplace, handling a virtual meeting
- New Life UMC: October
- Neurodiverse Learning: Dyslexia
- L'Arche: Peace Prayer
- UMN: Self-advocacy help me learn to be brave
- NBC: Meet the Black woman advocating for greater disability visibility
- AFB: Flatten Inaccessiblity: impact of Covid-19 on blind and visually impaired adults
- SAWS: Youth ramp building project
- Microsoft: Follow our lead and
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.