Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Random Acts of Expression: Bead and prayer circle
- Kintsugi Pastor: Moving forward
- OhCorrica: Covid-19 recovery
- Julian Way: Voting and faith
- OhCorrica: Simple
ways to do good
- Brookeville Salem UMC: Vocation
- Inside Higher Ed: Unmasking my Deaf experience
- Deaf History: October 13, 1939
- Esther Choi: The heart of God is mercy
- Thurrott: Android sound notifications
- California School for the Deaf: Don't Touch My Hair
- Christina Hartmann: My deafness was never a tragedy
- Hearing Journal: Emotional
challenges of hearing loss
- Day in the life of a PWD: Ableism
- Ability Access: Adam Pearson
- New York Times: If you're in a wheelchair, segregation lives
- Heather Turner: When my fellow Christians tell me...
- Dave Barnhart: Changing our attitudes toward mental health
- Ohio DV: Masks and trauma
- Microsoft: Accessible
work and DMC, Using
- JStor: Rise of disability stigma
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.