Here are the highlights of posts this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- October 6, University of Arizona, Ableism 101 Workshop Series
- October 12, Be A Disciple: IFDC
1240, Ministry with people with disabilities
- Pitts Chapel UMC: thank you
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Summer of Madness
- OhCorrica: Prayers for the month
- Random Acts of Expression: A bead and a prayer
- Beckie Writes: World
- KPIX: Los Altos UMC woman making masks
- UM Disability blog: ASL Bible
- ECD: Fall newsletter
- Esther Choi: The benefits of obedience, 1
- Bishop's Blog: Say the name
- HLAA: Hearing loop guide
- Gallaudet University: Face
- AI Media: Assistance dogs
- Conversation Again: Pandemic pastoring
- ADN: My daughter with Down Syndrome helped me understand racism
- Breaking Barriers: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Vogue: Race and inclusion--you can't leave out the disability community
- Christian Century: Trauma-informed ministry
- Psychology Today: Homelessness
and intellectual disability
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.