Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- March 23: HLAA: The Psychology of Hearing Loss
- March 24: ADA Network, Access to Covid-19 Vaccines
- March 24: Disabled
perspectives in inclusive liturgy
- March 26-27: Abilities Expo online
- April 11: Columbia Theological Seminary, The Church and People with Intellectual Disabilities
- April 16: Austin Presbyterian Seminary, Online Worship: Is it accessible for all?
- April 20: NCPD, Thomas Aquinas and the Question of Disability
- Wesley Seminary is offering the summer course, "Introduction to Disability Ministries and Deaf Ministries" (CM-629-VT). This 2-week virtual course is 5/24-6/4/21. While exploring these justice-related ministries to consider for your ministry setting, graduate credits or CEUs may be earned. The course can be audited as well. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- NYT/NCDJ Disability writer fellowship
- Grateful voices: Claire
- Gallaudet University Press: Deaf History Month promotion
- Deaf Link: Make a child smile
- Pastoral Missioner to the Deaf, NY: The Lord's Prayer
- The Bookseller: Raising our A-game
- Hear Me Out: Concentration fatigue
- The Conversation: Deaf women fought for the right to vote
- Deaf History: Angeline
- Neurodivergent Rebel: Different is normal
- Arkansas Conference: Getting shots into people's arms
- Flying Kitty Monster: Planting Small Packages (review of Rebecca Holland's new book)
- Autism Faith Network: 5 Steps to help autistic adults feel welcome
- ADN: Making spaces welcoming for all
- Hope UMC: Sharon McCart on healing
- Red Letter Christians: World beyond words
- Ellen Stumbo: Let's talk about disability culture
- Santa Monica Daily Press: Where
there is difference, let there be understanding
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.