Here are the highlights of postings this week from the Association of Ministers with Disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee, Mental Health Ministries, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries Committee, and UM Congress of the Deaf. Please note that many posts have additional comments and discussion which will not be reflected in these links.
- Covid-19 list of inclusion resources
- March 24: ADA Network, Access to Covid-19 Vaccines
- March 24: Disabled perspectives in inclusive liturgy
- March 26-27: Abilities Expo online
- April 11: Columbia Theological Seminary, The Church and People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Wesley Seminary is offering the summer course, "Introduction to Disability Ministries and Deaf Ministries" (CM-629-VT). This 2-week virtual course is 5/24-6/4/21. While exploring these justice-related ministries to consider for your ministry setting, graduate credits or CEUs may be earned. The course can be audited as well. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at email@example.com for more information.
- April 20: NCPD, Thomas Aquinas and the Question of Disability
- Deaf Link: Play is the work of the Child
- Deaf Nation: The power of Deaf women
- National Catholic Reporter: Gallaudet University's new Deaf priest
- ABA Journal: Law student using ASL wins appeal
- K. Bouton: Stigma and hearing loss
- In memoriam: Kristi Jan Greenawalt Johnson
- Leo Yates-UM Disability blog: Accessibility and hospitality for Easter
- Deaf Link: Job
- NWGA CIL: Don't interrupt service dogs
- Erik Carter: A Place of Belonging
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: What we can learn from early Methodist women preachers
- EcumenAbility: Inclusion after pandemic
- New Mobility: My quest to find the right wheelchair and post notes about why this matters
- Allyssa Green McNeal for MFSA: Lenten Devotion
- Disability and Faith: Come as you are?
- SAWS: partnership with at-risk school
- Rev. Rebecca Writes: Fasting
from angry words
Click here for a list of events of interest to people in disability ministry.
This newsletter is generally issued weekly by the
United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities,
a caucus of the United Methodist Church.
Click here to join this e-mail list.
This newsletter is also published on the UM Disability Blog
Visit us on the web or Facebook.